Billboard Japan recently revealed Kenshi Yonezu“KICK BACK”, the opening song for fall 2022 Chainsaw Man TV anime adaptation, to be the number song on its Hot Animation chart in mid-2023.
The rest of the top 10 are:
2) “Idol” by YOASOBI (OSHI NO KOopening theme)
3) “Dai Zero Kan” by 10-FEET (The first Slam Dunkending theme)
4) “New Genesis (Uta from One Piece Film Red)” by teen (One Piece Movie Redtheme song)
5) “Mixed Nuts” by Official HIGE DANDism (Spy x Family first opening theme)
6) “The Blessing” by YOASOBI (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch of Mercury Season 1 opening theme)
7) “I am invincible (Uta from One Piece Film Red)” by teen (One Piece Movie Red song)
8) “Zankyosanka” by To like (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Second season 2 opening theme)
9) “White noise” by Official HIGE DANDism (Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown opening theme)
10) “Tokyo Shandy Date with KAF, Tsumiki” by HOUSEof (Urusei Yatsura  first ending theme)
Some of the anime songs above are also in the top 10 of the Japan Hot 100 mid-2023 chart. “KICK BACK” placed second, with “Idol” a close second in third place. “Dai Zero Kan” placed fifth, while “New Genesis (Uta from One Piece Film Red)” and “Mixed Nuts” placed sixth and ninth, respectively.
“KICK BACK” debuted at No. 1 on the Hot Animation chart in October 2022 and held the position for 21 consecutive weeks, surpassing that of “Gurenge” (LisaIt is Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba opening theme) 16-week record. It also ranked ninth on Billboard Japan’s 2022 Year-End Hot Animation chart.
Currently, “Idol” is the top song on many Billboard Japan charts, including Hot 100, Tiktok Weekly Top 20, Streaming Songs, Top User-Generated Songs, Hot Animation, and songs to download. The catchy tune also managed to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Global (non-US) chart this week.
Sources: @BillboardJP_ENGBillboard Japan website