The upcoming Batman and Joker team-up series is on a mission to save Harley Quinn.
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo is a limited edition seven series written and illustrated by Marc Silvestri. The title is Silvestri’s first DC Black Label series (a DC Comics print for adult readers), and it is certain to take place outside the main DC continuity. The series involves Batman and the Joker forming an uneasy alliance to save their allies from an unknown threat lurking in Gotham City. Preview for Deadly Duo #1 shows Harley trapped at the bottom of a well, her cloaked captor torturing her from above.
BATMAN & THE JOKER: THE DEAD DUO #1
- Written by MARC SILVESTRI
- Art and cover by MARC SILVESTRI
- Batman variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
- Joker variant cover by GREG CAPULLO
- 1:25 cover variant by KYLE HOTZ
- 1:50 B&W variant covered by MARC SILVESTRI
- 1:100 cover variant by JORGE FORNES
- 1:250 cover variant signed by MARC SILVESTRI
- $4.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 7 (all covers are card stock)
- FOR SALE 11/1/22
- The Joker will do anything to get Harley Quinn back after she is kidnapped by a strange culprit. But who? Mysterious monsters like the Joker are stalking the streets of Gotham, collecting severed heads. But why? Jim Gordon is missing, and upon receiving a package containing the bloody pieces of Gotham’s commissioner, Batman knows he must be willing to do anything to save him. But how? When The Joker proposes an uneasy alliance with Batman, the answers to those questions begin to become clear—and they will shake Gotham City and the Bat Family to their core. This carefully crafted tale of the Darkest Knight’s deadliest team will introduce you to the grim and gritty Gotham that only Marc Silvestri can bring you.
The preview reveals that in this DC Universe, Harley Quinn and Joker are still a couple. The kidnapper asked Harley, “Did you really think he would come for you?” to which he replied “Oh you betcha! My Puddin will come here like a pale-faced Rambo and fill your stupid noggin with lead.” Other threats and promises made to his captors consist of Harley and Joker making out “like crazy” once they reunite, and having their captor chopped into kibble.
Harley Quinn and Jim Gordon Are in Danger
According to request for Deadly Duo, while the Joker is trying to save Harley, Batman goes out to save his friend, Commissioner Jim Gordon. Details for the upcoming first issue promise that Batman will receive a package with a piece of Gordon inside, and that the Joker will be the one to propose that the arch-nemesis team up. Also tantalizing is the involvement of “Joker-like monsters” who stalk the streets and collect severed heads. The preview shows Batman and Detective Harvey Bullock investigating such a crime in the city, where a former SWAT officer is murdered, his head removed from his body.
Where Are Batman and Joker Outside Their Team-up Series?
As for the heroes and villains in the main continuity, as of this writing, they have not interacted since the “Joker War” event which was released between Summer and Fall in 2020. When the Infinite Frontier DC era was launched in March 2021, Dark Knight continued to star in solo Batman temporary series Clown Prince of Crime given continuously Joker series that concludes after 15 issues. The sequel to the title is now out, Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing.
Along with writing Silverstri and providing interior, main cover and cover variant artwork for this edition, Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo #1 features other variant cover art by Greg Capullo, Mico Suayan, Kyle Hotz, Jorge Fornés and Ivan Tao. This issue goes on sale November 1 from DC Comics.
Source: DC Comics